Microblading is a semi permanent technique of cosmetic tattooing performed specifically on the eyebrows by using a hand tool with ultra fine needles and pigment to manually create natural and realistic looking ‘hair’ strokes. It can enhance, correct or fully reconstruct the brows and is a great service for those wanting to enhance their brows or who have sparse or over tweezed brows.
|Microblading (includes 6-8 week touch up appointment)||$425||3.5 hours|
|Cover Up||Varies. Contact for consultation|
Pre and Post Care
Preparation and aftercare is crucial to the outcome of your treatment. Following the preparation guidelines helps to provide a good canvas, and following all aftercare instructions is very important!
Before your appointment
- No use of Accutane for at least 6 months prior to service
- No chemical peels for at least 4 weeks
- No botox for at least 3 weeks
- No tanning for at least 2 weeks
- Do not take fish oil or vitamin E 1 week prior to the procedure (they are natural blood thinners)
- If you wax, thread, tweeze or tint your brows, it needs to be done at least 3 days prior to service
- No alcohol for 24-48 hours
- No ibuprofen or blood thinning medications for 24 hours
- No excessive sweating day-of
- No caffeine day-of
After your appointment
- Use a clean pillow case
- Do not pick at scabs or dry skin. Picking can lead to scarring or loss of pigment
- Avoid sleeping on your face
For the first 7-14 days:
- GENTLY wash your eyebrows each morning and night with water and an unscented antibacterial soap (like Dial).
- With clean hands and a very light touch, gently cleanse with your finger tips in a smooth/patting motion (don’t scrub back and forth) and then rinse. Pat dry with a clean tissue or paper towel (do not dry with a bath towel, as they hold bacteria).
- Do not use your facial cleansers, makeup or daily skincare products on the treated area for the first 7-14 days. Only use a mild antibacterial soap and the aftercare ointment that I provide.
- After cleansing and the skin is completely dry, apply a small amount of the aftercare ointment using a clean cotton swab. Only a small amount is needed (about the size of a grain of rice). Do not over apply.
- Avoid vigorous exercise for the first 7 days
- Avoid hot tubs, lakes, pools, saunas and steam rooms for the first 14 days
- Do not receive botox, chemical treatments or other facial treatments for at least 3 weeks
Frequently Asked Questions About Microblading
How long does microblading last?
How long does healing take?
Does microblading hurt?
Who is not a good candidate for microblading?
- Have a transmittable blood disease such as HIV or hepatitis
- Are taking acne medication such as Accutane
- Are prone to keloids on your face
- Undergoing chemotherapy
- Have skin conditions such as psoriasis, eczema, or rashes near the eyebrows
- Have open skin lesions or a sunburn
- Are pregnant or nursing
- Have diabetes or are taking blood thinners
You will need to reschedule your appointment if you:
- Have had a chemical peel within the last 4 weeks
- Have had botox or fillers in the eyebrow area in the last 3 weeks
Is the touch up session necessary?
Jessica Gillette is a licensed esthetician at London's on the Ave. She has been in the beauty industry for more than six years, and has recently taken the leap to open her own business within London's. When she is not at her salon making her clients beautiful, she is gardening with her puppy, Kiwi, practicing calligraphy, or in the kitchen cooking something delicious.
London's Salon (on the ave)
1908 Pacific Ave, Tacoma, WA 98402
London's on the Ave
1908 Pacific Ave, Tacoma, WA 98402