Microblading in TacomaCertified Microblading Services
Microblading is a technique of cosmetic tattooing performed specifically on the eyebrows by using a hand tool with ultra fine needles and pigment to manually create natural and realistic looking ‘hair’ strokes. It can enhance, correct or fully reconstruct the brows and is a great service for those wanting to enhance their brows or who have sparse or over tweezed brows.
|Microblading (includes 6-8 week touch up appointment)||$425||3.5 hours|
|Cover Up||Varies. Contact for consultation|
Pre and Post Care
Preparation and aftercare is crucial to the outcome of your treatment. Following the preparation guidelines helps to provide a good canvas, and following all aftercare instructions is very important!
Before your appointment
- No use of Accutane for at least 6 months prior to service
- No chemical peels for at least 4 weeks
- No botox for at least 3 weeks
- No AHA’s or Retinoids (retinol, Retin-A, Tretinoin etc) for at least 1 week prior
- No use of antibiotics in the past 30 days
- No tanning for at least 2 weeks
- Do not take fish oil or vitamin E 1 week prior to the procedure (they are natural blood thinners)
- If you wax, thread, tweeze or tint your brows, it needs to be done at least 3 days prior to service
- No alcohol for 24-48 hours
- No ibuprofen or blood thinning medications for 24 hours
- No excessive sweating day-of
- No caffeine day-of
After your appointment
- Use a clean pillow case
- Do not pick at scabs or dry skin. Picking can lead to scarring or loss of pigment
- Avoid sleeping on your face
For the first 7-14 days:
- GENTLY wash your eyebrows each morning and night with water and an unscented antibacterial soap (like Dial).
- With clean hands and a very light touch, gently cleanse with your finger tips in a smooth/patting motion (don’t scrub back and forth) and then rinse. Pat dry with a clean tissue or paper towel (do not dry with a bath towel, as they hold bacteria).
- Do not use your facial cleansers, makeup or daily skincare products on the treated area for the first 7-14 days. Only use a mild antibacterial soap and the aftercare ointment that I provide.
- After cleansing and the skin is completely dry, apply a small amount of the aftercare ointment using a clean cotton swab. Only a small amount is needed (about the size of a grain of rice). Do not over apply.
- Avoid vigorous exercise for the first 7 days
- Avoid hot tubs, lakes, pools, saunas and steam rooms for the first 14 days
- Do not receive botox, chemical treatments or other facial treatments for at least 3 weeks
Frequently Asked Questions About Microblading
How long does microblading last?
How long does healing take?
Does microblading hurt?
Who is not a good candidate for microblading?
- Have a transmittable blood disease such as HIV or hepatitis
- Are taking acne medication such as Accutane
- Are prone to keloids on your face
- Undergoing chemotherapy
- Have skin conditions such as psoriasis, eczema, or rashes near the eyebrows
- Have open skin lesions or a sunburn
- Are pregnant or nursing
- Have diabetes or are taking blood thinners
You will need to reschedule your appointment if you:
- Have had a chemical peel within the last 4 weeks
- Have had botox or fillers in the eyebrow area in the last 3 weeks
Is the touch up session necessary?
Jessica Gillette is a licensed esthetician, working in the esthetics industry since 2012, offering a variety of services including: skincare, waxing, microblading, lashes and sugaring.
715 Pacific Ave, Tacoma, WA 98402
715 Pacific Ave, Tacoma, WA 98402